Amethyst is one of the gemstones in purple color and one of the categories of quartz stone that has been in use for over two thousand years. For people born in the month of February, amethyst is considered the birthstone. Furthermore, it is used for the production of tumbled stones, faceted stones, beads, and cabochons. The gemstone is highly durable for making different types of jewelry, such as rosary, earrings, bracelets, and pendants. You will come across a wide range of colors as far as the stone is concerned. To explain different shades of amethyst, a few of them are dark or royal shades of purple, lavender, orchid, plum and raspberry.
Amethyst is one of the twelve gemstones that lined the walls of heaven in Revelations. In the Roman Catholic church, the pure color of Amethyst is associated with the wine transfigured to Christ’s blood in the sacrament of Mass. Amethyst has been a signature gemstone for bishops and is often incorporated into many of their ceremonial rings.
Benefits of Amethyst
- This calming stone allows you to quiet your mind, which can aid in sleep, meditation, and generally moving through life from a higher state of being.
- Helps you work toward inner peace and allows you to rest and relax when you need to most – before bed, during a stressful situation, or before you begin a meditation.
- Amethyst also works to protect your spirit by surrounding your energy field in a bubble of violet light. By raising your energetic vibration and keeping your spirit at ease.
- It purifies your energy field of unwanted energy so you can connect to your inner peace and leave the rest behind.
- Helps to remove any mental distractions or clutter so you can clear your head and find some room to breath. From a clear and calm state of being, you will be better able to find peace of mind and settle down from a chaotic or frenzied state.
- Working with this stone on a consistent and daily basis, you can begin to build up a stronger sense of self-awareness, with your sense of peace. You may find yourself in noisy, busy, hectic situations but your inner environment is filled with pure peace
- Helps to deepen your connection to self. Through this heightened awareness and connection, is to strengthen your intuition.
How to Use Your Amethyst Crystal
- Wear: Wearing Amethyst in the form of jewelry is a powerful way to connect with the stone’s energy throughout the day. Your necklace, or earrings can remind you to maintain your sense of inner peace.
- Carry: In addition to wearing the stone, carrying an Amethyst Rosary with you in your purse or pocket allows you to hold and connect with its energy when you need it most. If you find yourself needing to reconnect to its peaceful energy, hold your crystal and take a few breaths to settle into a more peaceful state of being.
- Place: The last step in your crystal program for peace is to bring the stone into your space. Place it near your bed, in your workspace, or somewhere else you’ll see it each day as a reminder that peace is available to you whenever you need it.